Friday, July 15, 2005

PPC Management - Google Changing Adwords Again

This Google Adwords news is brought to you by the fine people at Google who are sick of the phone calls asking what kind of pot they have been smoking the last few weeks....


Hello from the Google AdWords Team:

You asked, and we listened. In the coming weeks, we'll simplify our keyword status system and introduce quality-based minimum bids, giving you more control to run on keywords that you find important. We believe these changes will result in higher quality ads.

What's changing
Simplified account management: Your keywords will be active or inactive — instead of normal, in trial, on hold, and disabled. In addition, accounts will no longer be slowed. Currently, accounts are slowed when they don't meet our performance requirements and your ads appear rarely for your keywords.

Quality-based minimum bids: Soon, each keyword will be assigned a minimum bid based on its Quality Score. Keywords with a higher Quality Score will be given lower minimum bids to stay active and trigger ads. Keywords with a lower Quality Score (including those that are currently on hold) will have the opportunity to run if your keyword or Ad Group's maximum cost-per-click (CPC) meets the minimum bid.

The Quality Score is determined by your keyword's clickthrough rate (CTR), relevance of your ad text, historical keyword performance, and other relevancy factors.
Ad Rank, or the position of your ad, will continue to be based on the maximum CPC and quality (now called the Quality Score).

What you should do
Here are some suggestions for what you should do before and after we implement the changes described above:

Before implementation: If you're happy with your current keyword list, there's no need to make any changes. However, if you have any on hold keywords that you don't want to trigger ads, we suggest you delete them from your account. This is because any keywords with a high enough Quality Score and maximum CPC could be activated and accrue ad clicks. You can use our Find and Edit Keywords tool, available in your account's Tools page, to quickly search for and delete any keywords in your account.

After implementation: We'll email you after we implement these changes. You should then log in to your account and monitor your keyword performance under these new guidelines. Any disabled keywords at the time of implementation will remain labeled as disabled in your account. Several weeks later, we'll delete them. This period of time is meant to give you an opportunity to review your disabled keywords and activate them.

No word on the Cannibus however.....

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey J Devlin - Black Ops Marketing, Your PPC Management - Google Changing Adwords Again message is well received. I am just out searching for information on Search Engine Position and related and ended up on your blog. Although I'm not an avid "blogger", I have decided to save yours and come back since the information provided has substance.

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Top Search Engine Position was actually the information I was looking for when I found your blog. PPC Management - Google Changing Adwords Again is certainly a great topic J Devlin - Black Ops Marketing... Are you interested in trading links between our sites?

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi J Devlin - Black Ops Marketing, I have been searching high and low for the latest information on Search Engine Marketing when I ended up here looking at this PPC Management - Google Changing Adwords Again post. Although this isn't exactly what I am out looking for, it has certainly turned out to be well worth my time in visiting.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Signature

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J Devlin - Black Ops Marketing .... It looks like I have already posted here, but you are all over the search engines as I look for Link Popularity Software.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J Devlin - Black Ops Marketing .... It looks like I have already posted here, but you are all over the search engines as I look for SEO Software.

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J Devlin - Black Ops Marketing .... It looks like I have already posted here (lol), but you are all over the search engines as I look for Link Popularity Software. If I could get my own pages listed like this, I wouldn't be out looking all over the net for this stuff!

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J Devlin - Black Ops Marketing .... It looks like I have already posted here (lol), but you are all over the search engines as I look for Web Promotion Software. If I could get my own pages listed like this, I wouldn't be out looking all over the net for this stuff!

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J Devlin - Black Ops Marketing .... It looks like I have already posted here (lol), but you are all over the search engines as I look for SEO Software. If I could get my own pages listed like this, I wouldn't be out looking all over the net for this stuff!

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J Devlin - Black Ops Marketing .... It looks like I have already posted here (lol), but you are all over the search engines as I look for Web Promotion Software. If I could get my own pages listed like this, I wouldn't be out looking all over the net for this stuff!

11:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J Devlin - Black Ops Marketing .... It looks like I have already posted here (lol), but you are all over the search engines as I look for Search Engine Optimization Software. If I could get my own pages listed like this, I wouldn't be out looking all over the net for this stuff!

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J Devlin - Black Ops Marketing .... It looks like I have already posted here (lol), but you are all over the search engines as I look for SEO Software. If I could get my own pages listed like this, I wouldn't be out looking all over the net for this stuff!

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey There great Web Site J Devlin - Black Ops Marketing, great post on PPC Management - Google Changing Adwords Again I have a great site to look at graphics, feel free to call anytime, thanks!

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi J Devlin - Black Ops Marketing, I was just blog surfing and found you! Wow, I really like this one.
It’s such a pleasure to read your post …. Interesting! I was over at another site

looking at change management

and they didn't go into as much detail as you, but nonetheless interesting.

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey There great Web Site J Devlin - Black Ops Marketing, great post on PPC Management - Google Changing Adwords Again I have a great site to look at flash, feel free to call anytime, thanks!

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi J Devlin - Black Ops Marketing

When I saw PPC Management - Google Changing Adwords Again I had to read a little more.

Later,

check out writing adwords

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this blog is not about synergy/change

I have been doing hours of research on "change management" and it brought me to your blog on PPC Management - Google Changing Adwords Again. Anyways, J Devlin - Black Ops Marketing I was reading your blog and I think it is really cool. It’s really a pleasure reading your posts! Keep up the great work.

Keep blogging away :-)

3:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

J Devlin - Black Ops Marketing,

I was looking at your blog post
about Search Engine Optimization .

You can now place a link to
your website on our website for free. See:

http://www.thefreeadforum.com


We get over 18,000 visitors per day.
Many search under Search Engine Optimization .

We have a special category for Search Engine Optimization
in our search engine friendly directory.
Your listing will be spidered by the search
engines under Search Engine Optimization .

We hope you find this to be a
good opportunity for some free
advertising.


Good luck,

John,

http://www.thefreeadforum.com
The Free Advertising Forum..

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home